Patient-Centered Medical Home
Commerce Internal Medicine is proud to be a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Earning this designation reflects our dedication to total patient care. We coordinate every aspect of your care in the office and at the hospital. This way, patients get better attention and proper care and nothing gets overlooked or unnecessarily repeated.
When you choose a PCMH, you are choosing a doctor or provider who you will call every time you need medical attention. If you see the same doctor every time, they will know your medical history and which medications you are taking, and you will develop a relationship with your doctor and their healthcare team.
As your doctor or provider of choice, we will:
- Explain diseases, treatments, and results in an easily understandable manner
- Listen to your feelings and questions, helping you make decisions about your care
- Provide timely access to medical care and same-day appointments whenever possible
- Provide the care you need when needed
- Provide care based on quality and safety
- Send you to trusted experts, if needed
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatment goals, and future plans
We trust you, our patient, to:
- Ask questions, share your feelings, and be a part of your care
- Be honest about your medical history, symptoms, and other important information about your health
- Tell your doctor about any changes in your health and well-being
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle
- Let us know when you see other doctors and what medications they may put you on or change
- Ask other doctors to send us a report about your care when you see them
- Prepare for your appointment by getting your lab work done before the day of your appointment so your doctor can go over the results with you during the appointment time (this is for routine labs you have done for chronic illnesses such as diabetes, etc.)
- Keep your appointments as scheduled whenever possible
- End every office visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, treatment goals, and future plans for you
Patient-Centered Medicine Services in Commerce Township, MI
To learn more about our patient-centered approach to health care or to schedule an appointment, please call our office in Commerce Township, Michigan today at (248) 363-1500.